Calculating percent yield Free Essay, Term Paper and Book Report
Calculating percent yield
Needed tools and materials
* Copper(II) sulfate(12g)
* Iron fillings(2g)
* Distilled water
* 150-mL beaker
* 100-mL graduated cylinder
* Hot plate
* Beaker tongs
* Stirring rods
* 400-mL beaker
* Weighing paper
In this experiment, I measured the amount of items formed when Iron (Fe) reacts with Copper (II) Sulfate (CuSo4). Also, I learned how to calculate the percent yield of this reaction. You can calculate the percent yield by measuring the mass of the iron that reacts and the mass of copper metal produced.
Keep record of what you do and how much it weights
1. Complete lab safety form.
2. Measure the mass of a dry 150-mL beaker.
3. Place 12g CuSo4.5H2o into the 150-mL beaker. Then measure the combined mass.
4. Put 50-mL of distilled water into the CuSo4.5H2O. Place the mixture on a hot plate and set it at medium temperature, stir until all of the solids have dissolved (do not boil). (Remember to use tongs to remove the beaker from the hot plates.)
5. Measure 2 g of iron fillings onto a pi......
Word Count: 557
Page Count: 2.2 (250 words a page / double spaced)
What is Your Time Worth? |
Get INSTANT UNLIMITED ACCESS to this Essay
and 15,000 other Essays & Term Papers . Only $12.99!
View This Essay Now
Search for other Calculating percent yield essays, term papers and book reports.
Other Free Essays, Term Papers and Book Reports:
We realize you have a choice when selecting where to go to find a book report, essay or term paper on Calculating percent yield so we appreciate your support in using our essay help and term paper help service.
Dear Free Essays:|
Thanks for helping me with my term paper!
With so many essays and term papers on your service, I got a few ideas from mixing and matching and managed to write a great paper in 1/10 the time. My teacher thought so too because I got an A grade. Thank you so much!
I'm very pleased with the quality of your term papers and essays. For all the time and worrying your service saved me from, it was well worth the $12.99.
I totally waited to the last minute to work on my term paper and really started to freak. But your site totally came to my rescue and helped me out of a bind. I scored an 94 and was very pleased. Thank you!
UC San Diego